Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Friday, April 23, 2004

Books I'd Like to Read

Waiting for the Barbarians
Left Back: A Century of Battles Over School Reform
Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence (Pop psychology, especially the self-help genre, is, in my opinion, to generally be avoided, but this title has piqued my interest. Not that I think it applies so much in our present situation, but it may smooth some of the inevitable bumps further down the road.

Books I've Started and Would Like to Finish

Asimov's Chronology of the World
Utopia

Books I Have Sitting on My Shelf That I Should be Reading

Undaunted Courage
Gods and Generals
The Killer Angels


That's just off the top of my head. There are so many more.

-------

And maybe I'm being a tad optimistic, but I'm already planning Lewis and Clark, and Civil War field trips for the fall and next spring, respectively.

-------

Thinking I had my plans set for next year's history rotation using A History of US as our spine, the girls have indicated they prefer a more global approach to history, so we may swing back to Genevieve Foster's George Washinton's World and Abraham Lincoln's World.

Back to the drawing board.

No comments: