Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Friday, September 24, 2004

We survived our first full week of preschool, early mornings, and long, busy days. L loves it. There have been a few tears the last two days during the morning drop-off, but these are balanced out by the annoyance she greets us with when we pick her up ("Why did you come get me now? Can't I stay longer?!")

This coming Monday I was supposed to attend an all-day seminar on the east coast for the local board of realtors and S had a follow-up dental appointment scheduled, but it looks like another hurricane is a-blowing, so everything has been pushed back one month. That's fine with me as I plan to sleep very late this weekend and don't want to be driving all over creation. Maybe I'll take a ride out to the island to collect a few more books for our studies, but that's as busy as I plan to be.

We are actually accomplishing things here! S and G are back on track with their school schedule, except for the violin lessons due to the still missing instrument, and have fine tuned their performance to maximize the quiet time we have before L comes home from preschool. The laundry is caught up, dinner is being cooked several nights a week, and a mass mailing for damaged property is in progress. Chalk that up to the massive amounts of caffeine I have been consuming.

Weird that left to my own devices I am a lazy, lazy person, but give me projects with deadlines or a schedule to follow and I jam.

No comments: