Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Monday, November 08, 2004

Christmas gifts Part 2

I have decided that everybody on my shopping list will receive one of these this year. Or maybe this. Why? Because they probably don't have one yet, and it sums up my holiday sentiments.

----

Plans are finalized. Thursday through Saturday I will be babysitting my friend's child! This may not be a big deal for most of you, but:

1) I intensely dislike responsibility
2) Putting up with children other than my own is difficult at best
3) I have a novel to write
4) The poor thing has serious, scary medical issues

I know CPR, I can follow her meds schedule, I can dial 9-1-1, which are all requirements for this child. I admit celebrating my first child's first birthday because the said child survived ONE WHOLE YEAR under my care, unlike the Sea Monkeys and the hamster and the frogs. And she didn't even have instructions.

This will be a nerve-wracking week.

No comments: