Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Friday, November 19, 2004

Oh yeah, gettin' close... (See meter below)

In a frenetic burst of creativity, what comes after spending your entire morning in various auto repair facilities, I managed about 4,000 words, pulling myself out of my one day hole and raring a full day ahead of schedule.

This would not have been possible had not my wonderful, helpful husband allowed the girls to accompany him to work today.

----

S and G's stop action play is still evolving. With one pirate completed, S, changed the direction of the production from Treasure Island, to a show about slavery. She has been poring over the collection of books we have on hand, If You Traveled on the Underground Railroad, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave: Written by Himself, Many Thousand Gone: African Americans from Slavery to Freedom, Follow the Drinking Gourd, and Wanted Dead or Alive: The True Story of Harriet Tubman, researching her newest story. This latest venture will not be a "Palm Tree Production," but will be credited under the title of her latest production company, "Historiclay."

If I'm able to dig out my old copy of Uncle Tom's Cabin, she would no doubt devour it. If I can't locate it, off to the library first thing in the morning.

No comments: