Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Burning the candle at both ends, that's what I've been doing. That, and hacking up great green globs of, oh, never mind. We're all sick -- every single last phlegmy one of us. Some of us are even on antibiotics! You heard that right. The person who believes bodies are designed to be basically self-sufficient has gone and picked up loads of cold medicine and is dosing everybody up left and right. I just couldn't bear the whining any more.

We had to cancel a birthday get-together with our snowbird homeschool friends for today and missed swimming lessons yesterday. Tomorrow is G's birthday and I hope we are least able to crawl over to the pool in order to share the giant Death by Chocolate layer cake I ordered with her swim buddies. The snowbird friends I didn't want to infect, the swimming people, who cares. They will never know if we gave it to them or if they picked it up at school.

Wireless is wonderful. I almost feel a part of the twenty-first century! I can be sick in bed surfing away, my laptop the world's most interesting heating pad.

I had a real estate listing, my very first, dropped in my lap yesterday. Vacant land. Stick it in the MLS and watch me collect my ten percent. Pretty soon the phone will be ringing off the hook, people begging me to list their properties, as I wallow in closing checks. I'm already planning a mini-vacation this summer with the girls in NYC. See a couple shows, stay at a grand hotel... Always counting my chickens before they hatch, that's me.

The private school plan is moving along. Forms to fill, fingerprints to be inked. We'll see how far it goes.

Now just the other day I was about to reply to a post on another blog about how good parenting, especially with homeschooling, is a full time job. Can you work two full-time jobs? Sure, but one or the other, or your sanity is going to suffer. Do one thing and do it well. That's what I was going to say, before I became a homeschooling, real estate selling, private school administratoring mom. Whatever.

No comments: