Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Friday, March 10, 2006

Continuing Education

Because I was out doing errands anyway, and the children were home with their dad, and they give me a 20% discount for crying out loud, I found myself at the bookstore today.

My take:

A Charlotte Mason Education by Catherine Levison, and her follow up, More Charlotte Mason Education since she made such an impression on me in the Link article. I am bound and determined to be a kinder, gentler homeschool mama. They're really short (I think I finished half of the first book at a traffic light), that's why I had to get both. I would just as easily, even preferably, bought the entire six volume set by Ms. Mason herself, but we're talking Books-A-Million here.

Protecting the Gift by Gavin De Becker after a recommendation by Hornblower over on the Indefatigable (thanks Ma'am!)

And lastly, but not leastly, First Language Lessons by Jessie Wise, a book I was rather on the fence about until Becky from Farm School pushed me, albeit gently, and probably not intentionally, over.

No comments: