Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

So far, so good!

Elle loves her Story of the World activity pages. She had requested a history book for Christmas, I happily obliged, and added the looseleaf activity pages to my order just in case. Good thing, eh? We’ve been reading from the text, answering the comprehension questions, and doing the corresponding map work or coloring pages.

She also can’t get enough of her Silver Burdett Ginn Mathematics book. She is racing through as many pages as I can stand. I have to make her put the book away before she starts getting silly and sloppy.

With Cyclone Nelson set to strike tonight, am I worried about not having enough food or flashlights or batteries? Nah. My requests to my husband, who happens to be in town searching for any available supplies, include only a Grade 3 Queensland Maths book to follow her current high speed arithmetic lessons and some Ticky Tack for hanging our map of the world more securely. The only other thing I can possibly think of that we may need would be a pencil grip to improve the position of her fingers when writing.

No comments: