Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Sunday, May 31, 2009

What Are the Odds?

Grice and I attended the inaugural class luncheon and tour for her new collegiate high school yesterday. I was amazed at the turnout. The group seemed to be pretty balanced between boys and girls, and minority students were fairly represented along the lines of our county's demographics. I thought it was interesting that a random draw would produce such an equitable result. My friend was more skeptical about the supposed randomness of the draw. I don't believe there was enough room for tampering, but then again, I don't know enough about statistics. If there were 100 students chosen out of only 139 applicants, is it likely for such a fair sample of students to be selected?

1 comment:

Carole said...

But do they have a Clown College there?

I knew what you meant about Ringling but my first take still has me cracking up 24 hours later.

(I know, I'm easily amused)

C