Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Calling it Done

Aside from a few odds and ends: a vent cover or four, ceiling fans, closet doors, and my whole my back bedroom and office, we're finished with the renovation and are all moved in. Here are a few before and afters. Please forgive the quality of the shots, with my iPhone so handy I hardly bother to drag my real camera out anymore:

I just cannot believe how small the living room looks in the Before...











---





---















---





---

Seems I didn't bother taking any Befores of the two bedrooms as both were vanilla boxes with drop ceilings, though Elle's floor had been covered with the overspray from a hasty cosmetic coat of white latex, but here are some Afters.

Here's a peek in Grice's room...



(I'm particularly proud of this closet, it was my first time using power tools unsupervised.)



...and the attached one-day-to-be-shared-with-my-bedroom/office dressing area and closet space...





...and here's the room I'm currently sharing with Elle...







Not a closet door or curtain in sight. Everything on display. And like Meg, this rush to get the majority of the house done was spurred on by the appearance of house guests.

Acta est fabula. -- Caesar Augustus

11 comments:

Meg_L said...

You want to come decorate my house?? It looks beautiful.

Becky at Farm School said...

Done and FABULOUS! You've done a remarkable job, and you have amazing taste and some beautiful pieces of furniture. It's all magazine worthy. Lucky house guests!

The kitchen is gorgeous. I love that green.

Come decorate my house when you're done with Meg's : ).

la Maitresse said...

Wow. Just. Wow.

L said...

Thanks, guys!

The house guests, my brother, his wife, and their five girls, had to stay at a hotel a few blocks away. : ) We have one more set of house guests coming in August (one that between this and the little house next door we can actually fit) -- let's see if I can keep it looking good until then.

Maitresse! Nice to hear from you, it's been a long time...

Dot said...

I love the chenille spreads, I have a whole collection of them. Your home is super lovely!

when skies are grey said...

It really came out so beautiful!! You've made the very best of all those gorgeous built-ins. I love it!

Donna Boucher said...

Lynne,
So many things I love about your renovation!!!
The shelves with the huge pictures...on my gosh!
love it so much.
You have great style!
What a talent!!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It is all gorgeous.

I am a no window covering person myself whenever possible. How could drapes be more beautiful than the great outdoors?

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Gorgeous.

Love the colors. Especially in the kitchen.

Mrs. G. said...

Oh. My. God. I love your house...so much life and so many shelves!! I want to live in your sweetheart's pink room.

Unknown said...

This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
Baby swim lessons