Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Day Two

Two in a row, how lucky is that?

This time the kids actually were up, dressed, and starting their schoolwork while I was still snoozing on the futon.

Besides the girls' room, where they are stacked up to the ceiling on bunks with a trundle, and the second bedroom that has been converted to a library/storage, we essentially live in one room. It's our living/dining/kitchen/family/office/bedroom, and that's where I was, flat on my back this morning, with sounds of shuffling papers, footsteps and the occasional, "Shhhh!", whispering about the edges of consciousness, until I received a poke in the eye from my three year old. "Good morning, Mama! I wuv you! See, she's awake!"

It was 9:00 AM.

After perusing a few blogs before bed, I finally shut down around midnight. Or so I thought. Figured out today that the clock on this laptop had never been properly set and it reads three hours less than it should. No wonder! Luckily, I had one Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso left in the fridge.

Another good day, but I won't bore you all with the details. Besides, I'm going to bed early...my laptop says it's 8:48 PM already.

No comments: