Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Et cetera

My poor brother, (yes, I finally spoke with him, and yes, I was even sensitive and supportive) is again in the midst of nasty legal maneuvers with his ex-wife.

He was told the girls' relocation to England was scheduled for the spring. The official date was just made known to him via the attorney: February 28. Obviously, education is not a priority of my ex-SIL, who has yanked the girls out of two other schools already this past year, and who has them believing that February 28 is spring.

----------------------

My older girls have been invited to join their grandparents on a train trip up to NJ to see their beloved cousins one more time before they head overseas. I don't know if this is going to happen or not, yet. We had already planned a grand field trip with the grandparents, in the springtime, up the east coast to visit as many colonial American sites as possible, culminating in a visit with the cousins, who were to join us on the return for a visit to Washington DC. It won't be the same...

----------------------

My girls saved me from a load of guilt this past week. Our big project for colonial studies was quilting. What the !@#$% was I thinking?! I'm a little crafty, but have no patience once I've mastered a skill. I seriously thought I was going to complete two lap quilts, simultaneously, before the end of the year!

Out of the blue, S and G decided to sew a ragdoll for their little sister. "Sally Mae" is extremely cute and I will post a picture as soon as possible.