Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Saturday, January 10, 2004

Little ears

A few weeks ago I finished Fast Food Nation. Highly recommend it. Kept reading sections outloud for my husband's benefit ("Listen to this...!") Everyone in our household is usually within earshot, and my older girls' interest was piqued by the part on slaughterhouse accidents, and the health of the cattle.

They are both now vegetarians (or more accurately, cheese-atarians) and have recently been delighting in telling their little sister, as she begs for a cheeseburger from 'Old MacDonald's', that, "you don't want that, there's people in there!" and then graphically describing where hamburger comes from.

Exit baby, hands clapped over ears, shouting "NO! NO! NO! You're jokin' me! Stop 'tagonizing me!"

No comments: