Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Settling in for the night

Ran the 5K this morning, no prizes, or surprises there. G would have come in 1st, if they had not for some odd reason eliminated the 9 and under category this year. Oh well, we had a good time and it was a (breathtakingly?) beautiful day.

Visited the laundromat and did a rather haphazard grocery shop, cleaned the house, blah, blah, blah.

Narrowed down our itinerary for the Colonial American Field Trip and pinned down an approximate departure date. Yikes, it's already up to 25 days, and that's assuming there are no delays. I'm a big planner, can you tell? My father is also a scheduling maniac, that must be where I get it. Between the two of us, we'll keep everybody moving right along. We are getting close to finishing for the year...six weeks of history to complete. We only do a four day week, so I could speed things up a little if we went to five days. We'll see how it goes.

Next year I'm planning to use A History of US as our spine, but need to include some world history, so tonight I'll be looking over The Story of Mankind as a possible supplement. I have both George Washington's World and Abraham Lincoln's World, and I like them, but may save them for a general review later, otherwise there's too much duplication.

Off to read...

No comments: