Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Monday, March 01, 2004

Slow

The girls took forever to get their schoolwork done today. It was a light day to begin with. At 7:00 this evening, I am sitting here waiting for S to finish taking her shower, washing off all the sand, after she and her sisters took off for the beach with Dad, so that we can correct that one last math problem, then we'll finally be done.

Never got to see the Academy Awards last night or read The Story of Mankind. I got comfy on the couch...zzzzzzzzzzzz. Tonight I will try again.

----------

My mother is beginning to throw up roadblocks to the Colonial American field trip, blaming my father for not wanting to be gone so long. She is such a stick-in-the-mud, I shouldn't be surprised. Will have to talk to my father and find out what he's really game for. She's already tried to postpone it until September, offered to keep the baby at her house for the duration, and omit some of the stops. I don't know why, it's not any different from their usual preferred mode of travel: bus ride to the major attraction, get off, snap a picture, get back on bus. They've been all over Europe and made several return trips to Ireland, but they always do it the same way. No aimless wandering, no sampling the local flavor, no meeting the natives, no finding little out-of-the-way places. Ugh. My Dad actually complained when they got back from one trip to Italy that the food was horrible. "I ordered an antipasto, and all I got was a damn salad."

No comments: