Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Monday, May 03, 2004

Philadelphia

The weather was worse today, raining, windy and c-c-c-cold, but my three little troupers and I decided to head on down to Independence Hall nonetheless. We took the same pictures as every other person who visits: in front of the Liberty Bell, in front of Independence Hall, but we were the silly looking ones with sandals and capris on. I will be posting those and a few others when I upgrade my picture host.

(I planned on upgrading last night, but the dial-up connection speed here is ridiculously slow, so I'll try again when we get to Boston, tomorrow.)

The girls were all excited to see the Liberty Bell, and S correctly answered three of the history questions our tourguide posed to the group (1. French and Indian War; 2. "Common Sense"; and 3. The Constitution.) I was a very proud Mama. L recognized George Washington's chair, with the famous rising sun, which we had seen earlier in a painting of the signing of the Constitution, as soon as we entered the room where the Declaration of Independence was signed. She said she remembered this place from "Liberty's Kids."

I guess it's working!

No comments: