Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Random hurricane thoughts

Am I going to have to publish an "After, After" damage photo?

Low carb hurricane supplies = Spam and beef jerky

I have probably gained five pounds after abandoning my low carb diet

The roof may blow off, my belongings can fly away, I just don't want to lose the water again

Showers are lovely, but one day soon, I hope to take a very long, very hot soak in an actual bathtub

------

We are enjoying our last night with Carolyn and family, having a mini pre-hurricane party (we're not stupid enough to have a real hurricane party.) I am actually drinking, much to my husband's delight, and he has just arrived from the east coast bearing a delightful surprise: Indian food and a brand new, flat screen TV, so we can watch Frances's cone in color, in a format larger than our trusty old battery operated B&W 5 inch.

Gotta go...

No comments: