Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Unschool

The problem seems to be mostly mine.

After I called school off yesterday and set them free, a homeschool friend phoned wondering about the sleepover we had tentatively planned at last week's get together. My girls aren't on the sleepover circuit so I was a little reluctant, and I had finally rid our house of most of the holiday clutter so I wasn't looking forward to any more mess, but this is one sweet little girl and I had been so mean earlier that guilt persuaded me to let her come over.

They quickly set to playing library and compiled a masterlist of titles from hundreds of books on our shelves, all entered on the computer alphabetically. This morning, they are back at it.

Unschooling certainly has some benefits

No comments: