Looking For a Secular Florida Umbrella School?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Faith

I have discovered that I harbor a very deep and strong faith. Not the kind where I go to church on Sundays and other Holy Days of Obligation and say that I put my trust in some higher power but then come home and worry about everything that could or could never possibly go wrong. Oh, no. It's the kind where we can just up and leave the country for months at a time, abandoning valuable properties in a low-lying, hurricane-infested coastal region, leaving good jobs and loads of potential work all for no other real reason than we want to.

Sure, I get all neurotic about the planning of such a monumental move, but when it comes right down to it, que sera, sera. Whatever. We'll get by. No worries. She'll be right, mate. [Lifted from an earlier email because I'm totally being lazy]: I'm taking it one day at a time. What gets done, gets done. What doesn't can probably be accomplished via email and wire transfers.

That's faith.

No comments: